CAD Technician at Mott MacDonald

27th June 2016

7.9/10

I am an Apprentice Technician which consists of me using CAD on a day to day basis to create technical drawings.

I undertook a MicroStation 2D & 3D course and have gained a certificate to signify I completed the course.

I enjoy the work however at times I do not get the array I had initially expected (3D work. There is a good working team here and everyone is friendly.

4. How valued do you feel by Mott MacDonald?

I do get appreciation from my manager however as a whole I do not feel valued which I feel is solely reflected on the salary increment.

The programme is well structured in a macro scale, however when each individual factor is broken down such as the college aspect, it is not very well organised. There is good support at work.

I receive a good amount of support as I see my assessor every 6 or so weeks. I do occasionally see him in college which I attend every week.

The HR team is very supportive and will all the questions I have and will redirect me to another person if they are unable to assist.

Based on my living costs already being low, but my travel being high which essentially cancels the two out. I personally find the take home salary disappointing. I do like the job however it is not financially appealing.

There are company events to attend and I feel there are opportunities for all individuals outside of work.

9a. Would you recommend Mott MacDonald to a friend? *

I feel the package as a whole does have some highs and lows and therefore would recommend Mott MacDonald for an apprenticeship position.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mott MacDonald? *

Make sure you are fully organised for you interviews and presentation. I prepared for every step and therefore felt more confident and thus succeeded in getting the role.