1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a software engineer. I spend my day programming and helping other apprentices.
I am currently writing an automated testing suite to speed up our delivery times.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt to program Bash scripts and I have gained a strong understanding of Hadoop and many of the products that are built around it. I also use the ETL tool Pentaho PDI every day.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much so. I get to build my skills, and I get to problem solve every day.
4. How valued do you feel by Capgemini?
My team value me a lot. There's opportunity to vouchers for good work.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The new program is really well organised. I am secretly (not anymore) slightly jealous of it. My program is well organised too.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As much as I need. I receive replies from my assessor sometimes in the evenings.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
There really good systems in place to deal with any problems. The "Ask HR" web chat is great.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Most apprentices don't have a mortgage... but my wife & I manage ok on what we have :D. We are, however, living very simply at the moment.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, there's monthly meetups in London. Every project will likely have people who organise social events / or sporting events.
9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because I like it.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini? *
Don't expect it to be easy. But it's worth it.
More from CapgeminiMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!