1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Mechanical engineering. This involves maintenance on the plant and ensuring and problems or breakdowns are resolved.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed my skills using tools and also my people skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme that I involved in.
4. How valued do you feel by GSK?
I feel valued and well supported throughout my apprenticeship.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The apprenticeship I am involved in is well structured but not always well organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
the college support my learning well, but sending us to Falkirk for college is too far. Our training should be much more local than it is.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Our employer gives us good support in the workplace and ensures there is time to write our log books.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Our pay is very good and wages rise every year. we are also entitled to a good bonus depending on our performances throughout the year.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes. but there are far too many. Our company want us to get involved in far too much outside work and want to take us out of our working environment regularly. This is preventing us from learning our trade to our full potential and I feel that these should be more voluntary than forced volunteering.
9a. Would you recommend GSK to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
They are a good company to work for and the benefits are good.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to GSK? *
Come across as a determined and confident individual who works hard throughout the process
More from GSKMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!