HR Analyst at Nomura

Cannon Street
Other
22nd June 2016

6.8/10

As part of the HR Solutions Team, I am responsible for managing the workflow of employee lifecycle activities between the strategic HR Advisor teams and the HR administrator team, which is partially off-shored to the Nomura Shared Services Centre in India. The role requires interaction with HR colleagues and clients across the whole Company and at all levels.

Yes I have. Obviously I am very early on in my apprenticeship (I only started in May.)But I already feel that I have improved interpersonal skills and my organisation.

I really enjoy the team I work with. The work is varied which makes the job interesting though stressful at times.

4. How valued do you feel by Nomura?

Feel very valued and do not feel that I am treated differently being just an apprentice.

I cannot really answer this as only one month in and this is my first week actually studying.

Again this is non applicable as only had one online seminar so far.

So far a lot of support- though due to restructure in the company its been hard to find who deals with apprenticeships.

My salary is okay. However I commute from Cambridge and thus my season ticket is over 5000 without tube or parking costs. This takes a significant chunk out of my salary despite having a season ticket loan

Everyone is very sociable- we go out for drinks occasionally. Whilst there is a gym which I would want to go to. It is not provided at a reduced rate. This means I cannot do it.

9a. Would you recommend Nomura to a friend? *

Supportive, Insightful and Caring

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Nomura? *

Be enthusiastic and throw yourself in at the deep end. It is hard at first but I am beginning to see the benefits.