Associate at EY

Birmingham
School Leaver Programme

Connect with EY

8.4/10

Role-associate Daily tasks-assisting with the progression of audits via basic account, control and understanding work.

Training to be an ICAEW chartered accountant. We have internal training courses via online tests, and also away days/weeks. I have learnt skills beyond that of school or uni, such as project management, communication and leadership.

Mainly, I enjoy completing tasks, office events, the strong focus on communication, but I dislike the working hours.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 7 roles at EY

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

There is a strong benefit scheme, and plenty of feedback systems, however I do wish it was actioned more often sometimes.

The structure is generally excellent, though resourcing is sometimes a bit dodgy when moving staff around.

I have a lot of support on hand if I wish to choose it, and plenty of online tests and guidance.

My employer has a great network in place to allow me to develop at my own pace, with buddies and counsellors being the main two sources of guidance.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 7 roles at EY

I manage fine with the salary I have, but a lack of any overtime is frustrating when you consider the hours put in.

We do lots of different events that are very entertaining, and work with a number of outside events organisers.

9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *

It is a great "big" company, one of the best. Though it has issues, it has positives that outweigh these, and the level is support given and on offer throughout is brilliant.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *

Focus on the interviews, and be confident and talkative. We focus heavily on our people and making them good at client communication, so showing that early is a great way to sell yourself.