Quality Apprentice at Schneider Electric

Bagillt
22nd June 2016

6.6/10

As a Quality Apprentice I work closely with the Quality Manager and both quality engineers. My daily tasks include assisting and leading quality decisions, process audits and QMS audits, I am currently working on 3 projects; Reduction of swarf for University, Reduction of packing errrors for GB six sigma and ISO transition for the management systems. Currently studying a foundation degree in industrial engineering at Glyndwr University, one day a week release.

Many skills learnt including gaining knowledge about machining and manufacturing processes. However, I have not had any experience within other departments (such as engineering)

The programme I am on is interesting.

4. How valued do you feel by Schneider Electric?

I do feel very valued by Schneider as an employee. Gaining this qualification will make me a very valued member of the site.

The university course is very balanced. However, internally, as discussed before, I do not have much experience in internal aspects such as other departments (internal training and knowledge)

As much support as required

My direct line manager is always available for discussions and we try and meet once a week to discuss progress / roadblocks.

I am very happy with the salary I am at the moment. I also receive petrol expenses for travel to university which also helps.

9a. Would you recommend Schneider Electric to a friend? *

Schneider Electric is a good company to work for. They have many opporunties and the benefits are outstanding. We have lots of perks, such as holiday buy and a points system whereby we can purchase goods and holidays from the input of ideas. The company also put towards individual pension schemes.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Schneider Electric? *

N/A