Senior Project Engineer at Schneider Electric

2010
Leeds
21st June 2016

9.7/10

I'm currently Senior Project Engineer, responsible for a team of Project Managers, based in Stone, Staffordshire. As a team, we manage customer orders for 33kV switchgear, with total orders averaging £24m per annum.

I am developing and learning new skills on a daily basis; as my current position provides challenges that have to be overcome, in order to provide the customer with an on-time delivery.

I enjoyed my apprenticeship program, as it provided me with hands-on training and experience, that I don't believe I would have received from the other types of routes available to me.

4. How valued do you feel by Schneider Electric?

Schneider Electric has many processes for recognising achievements and praising those who have gone above and beyond the requirements of their roles.

The apprentice program that I took part on, was organised in an OK manner, but I believe this has been improved since I finished my apprenticeship and the current programs are organised in a much more positive way.

I received a lot of support during my apprenticeship, with frequent review meetings taking place.

The only comment that I have for the salary is that it could have been higher, as the apprentices from other firms were receiving a higher salary at the time.

Schneider Electric host many different activities during the year, in and out of work. Employees tend to arrange events for work colleagues that occur outside of the working day too.

9a. Would you recommend Schneider Electric to a friend? *

Overall I believe Schneider Electric is a great place to work and that Is why I have been an employee for almost eleven years.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Schneider Electric? *

One piece of advice would be to work hard at college and to soak up as much as possible during the apprenticeship period, so that you have the best foundations for your future career.