Warehouse Apprentice at Aldi

Neston
21st June 2016

5.2/10

I spend every day in work picking which means selecting products form a slot and stacking them onto a pallet to place them on a store lane.

I have learnt how to do stock checks as well as use a headset in order to complete a pick.

I enjoy being able to crack on with my job as soon as I get in and work till the end without having anything too complicated to deal with.

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I do not feel as fully part of the team as I do the same job as everyone else and the same hours and am on less money.

For the job I have been aspiring towards it gives me the right opportunity to work in that role and give me a better understanding of it. However, I am still on an apprentice contract and I am working in the same role as most of the warehouse but not feeling the same financial benefit.

Enough to help me with my NVQ but in terms of practicality it is all in my own hands.

I don't see my employer often, only every few months for a review of how things are going so not much.

Considering I live at home, I can't drive and don't have many responsibilities it works out but for the job I'm doing I know I am supposed to be on more.

I don't know but with my level 2 qualification I would hope that I am in a good position to find other job opportunities in logistics sector.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

I would recommend Aldi to a friend as a short term option as it provide a high wage package but I don't think it is some where anyone would want to be stuck in for the rest of their lives.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Be motivated to do it because I think it is difficult.