1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an apprentice Infrastructure engineer, I work with members of the infrastructure team to help them complete projects on time and to schedule
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have developed a lot more communication skills along with computer and design skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
To some extent, I have some good days and some bad but that's understandable, overall I am enjoying the experience
4. How valued do you feel by Atkins?
Very valued, most people have welcomed me into the Atkins family
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It has some structure but I could probably say it needs more as there is not always work available
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Quite a lot of support from NECC
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Also quite a lot of support but sometimes could do with more
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary covers most costs but I have quite a bit to pay for so it gets very tight towards the end of the month and I feel it would be better if I got paid weekly but don't think that is possible
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes lots of out of work opportunity when working for Atkins
9. Would you recommend Atkins to a friend?
Yes due to the doors it opens but then again no as it was not as I fully expected it to be
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atkins?
Have an open mind and be ready to take on new challenges
More from AtkinsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!