Indirect Tax Assisstant at EY

School Leaver Programme
17th June 2016

Connect with EY

9.8/10

I am an Assistant Tax Advisor. On a day to day basis I interact with my Partner, Robert and my Senior Managers working on various NHS clients

I am developing my understanding of the nuances of VAT and particularly COS VAT Recoverability and Partial Exemption Special Methods

I love this programme. Each day is a new learning opportunity and the structure of the programme has provided me the perfect start to my career.

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

Extremely. Each of my senior's takes a genuine interest in what I am doing and takes the time to catch up with me

Extremely. The path is clear as to the next 4 years and even beyond this

A lot. We have email access to all of our tutors at Kaplan and can go into their offices to speak through our concerns at any time

A lot. Each of my colleagues is extremely knowledgeable and friendly. I also have assigned a buddy and councillor whom I can voice my concerns to .

It is currently sufficient to cover my rent and living costs however if I start to drive as may be needed for clients, this may not be quite enough with the Insurance cost I am likely to face!

Plenty... if you live in London. However we do have many events through the year and my team is sociable so we often find ourselves out on a Friday together

9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *

It is one of the best starts to a career that I can think of. The support is fantastic and the work exciting and interesting and you get paid to learn!!

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *

Make sure to be yourself, EY value diversity not just in race but also in personality and the type of person you are. It offers them a different viewpoint to situations so do not fit into what you think they're looking for!