Skills Academy Attendee at EY

Connect with EY

9.2/10

I attended the EY skills academy which was a two day introduction to EY. Over the two days we completed a series of task that bettered our knowledge of EY

Over the two days I became more analytical, and I improved my teamwork and presentation skills

The work fitted the purpose as I learnt enough about EY to realise I would like to work their. I met many people the same age in the same position considering EY and accountancy careers so the team was enjoyable. I also felt very comfortable with the staff and the company had the feel of somewhere I would like to work.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 7 roles at EY

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

Although this was only work experience I felt valued as clearly a lot of time and effort was put into making it purposeful.

The Skills Academy was very well organised, I had plenty of information in advance about it, and there was a clear programme for the two days.

I was well supported on the Skills Academy as each table had a facilitator for any questions.

Clearly EY as a company had put plenty of effort into making sure this event was well planned, supported and funded.

All expenses were paid.

We learnt of many opportunities outside of work for when we become employees.

9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *

It is a company that you will be able to improve your skills at, have an interesting career at, earn a good salary at and it is a place with staff who I think I will enjoy working with.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *

Practice the online tests and get your interview technique sorted.