1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an administrative apprentice so I generally work in the office providing support such as filing, stationary and meeting organisation.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed many different skills:
Management of events and time Use of Microsoft Office Organisation of stationary and files
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Due to the nature of our work, the work is always varied so it is always enjoyable.
4. How valued do you feel by DSTL?
I feel like a valued member of staff rather than 'just an apprentice'.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is structured to give you the most that DSTL has to offer in terms of opportunity and development.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Everyone was very helpful and supportive.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I have recieved support from all my team members.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Initially, it is quite low but higher than other apprenticeships. In the second year, the salary increases by a large amount.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, there are many opportunities in DSTL to develop yourself in various departments.
9a. Would you recommend DSTL to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is a great place to work and develop yourself.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to DSTL? *
I would just tell them to develop basic IT software skills and learn to interact well with customers.
More from DSTLMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!