apprentice mechanisation at Jaguar Land Rover

2010
Solihull

8.3/10

Job title: Mechanisation Daily tasks: Currently 1st year at college studying engineering full time.

working towards a Level 3 btec in engineering

working towards a job with jaguar land rover. great working with people with the same goals as me. the work is challenging but rewarding and we get recognised for work that we have done.

I felt part of the company from day one and we are constantly reminded that we are the future of the company, and that work hard to give us the best training in order to live up to those expectations.

the trail blazer scheme is still in its infancy, my year is only the second year to go through this, so they are still figuring some of the logistics out with the course, but already the JLR team have worked wonders to get the standards high

we get plenty of support through the course, we have a tutor for while we are in college and a work based leaning manager that we work with through all 4 years of the apprenticeship and handles things while in plant and 3-4 one to one reviews throughout the year.

please see the comment above, but also the staff in our departments give up plenty of support in our roles

the salary is very competitive, offering a good wage.

there are plenty of clubs to join through work and lots of social activities to bond more with pears.

very good company to work for and feel that they offer one of the best apprenticeships in the UK

it's best to have an interest in cars and automotive engineering as that is what the apprenticeship revolves around, also the course is very study heavy in the first year so allow time to complete assignments both in and out of your working day.