1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assisting maintenance and controls staff. Shadowing engineers as we react to line-side issues or performing scheduled maintenance on machinery etc
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Lots of both. I have learned many new skills and also built upon a lot of what I already knew. There have been many relevant training courses.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much so. I enjoy coming to work every day, as it's always going to be different. Most of the people I work with are very fun and enjoyable to be around and learn from.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
Quite valued. It's always difficult where there are hundreds upon hundreds of apprentices in such a vast company.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Relatively well, I have reviews with my training manager to discuss any issues.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As much as I need. They provide advice and guidance.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A fair bit. There is a lot on offer, it is just utilising what you need or require.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It is a comfortable sum, I have no complaints.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, JLR offers a wide range of funded activities through a scheme which you can apply for each year.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
They're an ever-growing brand that offer a huge selection of apprenticeships/positions across many different sectors of engineering, design and automotive disciplines.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Gain some relevant work experience if you can, and present all relevant knowledge and experience you have.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!