Maintenance and Controls Apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover

Birmingham

6.4/10

Assisting maintenance and controls staff. Shadowing engineers as we react to line-side issues or performing scheduled maintenance on machinery etc

Lots of both. I have learned many new skills and also built upon a lot of what I already knew. There have been many relevant training courses.

Very much so. I enjoy coming to work every day, as it's always going to be different. Most of the people I work with are very fun and enjoyable to be around and learn from.

Quite valued. It's always difficult where there are hundreds upon hundreds of apprentices in such a vast company.

Relatively well, I have reviews with my training manager to discuss any issues.

As much as I need. They provide advice and guidance.

A fair bit. There is a lot on offer, it is just utilising what you need or require.

It is a comfortable sum, I have no complaints.

Yes, JLR offers a wide range of funded activities through a scheme which you can apply for each year.

They're an ever-growing brand that offer a huge selection of apprenticeships/positions across many different sectors of engineering, design and automotive disciplines.

Gain some relevant work experience if you can, and present all relevant knowledge and experience you have.