1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Apprentice draughtsman assisting in the production of 2D and 3D modelling and creating drawings for clients.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to use various modelling packages to create drawings from to strict standards.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by Atkins?
I feel that my office uses me wherever possible and challenges me with more responsibility each time although some see me as just an apprentice and expect me to do very basic jobs for them that anybody could do.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Within my company I am learning on the job which is the best type of training in my eyes but the NVQ pathway carried out by the college is very poorly executed.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
All of my training is carried out on site by other experienced engineers and they will assist me wherever required to do so. The apprenticeship course provider gives me very little input and does not have a clue about what I need to be doing.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer supports me with anything I need help with as we have such a vast range of skills in my office. They have provided me with any additional training I've requested and are currently funding me through my foundation degree.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary started off good in comparison to other apprentices but my wage doesn't seem to have progressed like other apprentices on the same course at the same stage in other companies.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are many additional courses available to undertake that the company will support you through and loads of social events after work are carried out as well.
9. Would you recommend Atkins to a friend?
It is a secure company to work within and employee well being is very high here.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atkins?
More from AtkinsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!