1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
CAD technician and apprentice civil engineer. Creating and editing CAD drawings for civils design.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Learnt how to use CAD to a higher standard. Also, increased my mathematical ability.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy doing my job as it is challenging but also rewarding when you finish a job to a high standard.
4. How valued do you feel by Atkins?
I feel valued as there is a lot of work for me and receiving positive feedback from team members and managers makes me feel valuable.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is well set out with clear goals and objectives.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive as much support as needed. If I find something difficult or complicated all the help is provided by team members.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I get a lot of support, informing of all the benefits of working here, etc and help when it is needed.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary fits my lifestyle very well, as I am living at home.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are a lot of team activities outside of the office and Atkins supports anyone who wants to start a sports team or join a gym etc.
9. Would you recommend Atkins to a friend?
I have enjoyed working here, all of the work has been enjoyable and fun. Being a part of a team is a great feeling.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atkins?