Tax Associate at Grant Thornton

School Leaver Programme

Connect with Grant Thornton

5.6/10

Provision of admin support duties to the wider team. It is a Tax role, so I get involved in a certain amount of technical work and occasionally some marketing as well.

The technical study element of the program is limited and provides a great challenge for School leavers to succeed.

I enjoy the day to day role and the working with the people from a range of departments, but I disapprove of the current study approach in place on the programme - It can be quite stressful.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Grant Thornton

4. How valued do you feel by Grant Thornton?

In the work role, yes. In respect of examinations and technical ability, I feel they can improve their accommodation of how they value school leavers.

Is new, and is developing, but certain areas need drastic change.

Intense courses are provided for 2/3 days, 2/3 times a year and general support is provided thereafter. Overall its reasonable.

The offer of support is always at hand and I have seen this in practise in the day to day workings, but with respect to technical study, they can do more.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Grant Thornton

They pay fairly, I have no complaints.

There are loads of activities to get involved in and opportunity to set up your own activities as well.

9a. Would you recommend Grant Thornton to a friend? *

I believe there is room for development, but generally is a good place of employment.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Grant Thornton? *

they provide a very supportive application process where you get support for recent new starters with guidance.