1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Provision of admin support duties to the wider team. It is a Tax role, so I get involved in a certain amount of technical work and occasionally some marketing as well.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
The technical study element of the program is limited and provides a great challenge for School leavers to succeed.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the day to day role and the working with the people from a range of departments, but I disapprove of the current study approach in place on the programme - It can be quite stressful.
4. How valued do you feel by Grant Thornton?
In the work role, yes. In respect of examinations and technical ability, I feel they can improve their accommodation of how they value school leavers.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Is new, and is developing, but certain areas need drastic change.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Intense courses are provided for 2/3 days, 2/3 times a year and general support is provided thereafter. Overall its reasonable.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The offer of support is always at hand and I have seen this in practise in the day to day workings, but with respect to technical study, they can do more.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
They pay fairly, I have no complaints.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are loads of activities to get involved in and opportunity to set up your own activities as well.
9a. Would you recommend Grant Thornton to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I believe there is room for development, but generally is a good place of employment.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Grant Thornton? *
they provide a very supportive application process where you get support for recent new starters with guidance.
More from Grant ThorntonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!