Advisory Associate at Grant Thornton

School Leaver Programme
9th June 2016

Connect with Grant Thornton

8.9/10

Advisory Associate. Interact with all members of the team from associates to partners. I generally administration type work working on projects such as administrations, liquidations, bank monitoring work and expert witness reports. I also get involved with school leaver recruitment

I am currently finishing up my AAT before starting my ACA later this year, I also get sent on internal training courses at our training facility in high Wycombe.

I enjoy my work an get on well with the people on my team. It exceeded my expectations and although challenging very rewarding and interesting work.

4. How valued do you feel by Grant Thornton?

I feel truly valued by my team and the firm and there is flexibility to suit my needs.

I received an intense but hugely beneficially induction I receive support from my people manager and other members of the team both in a work and studying capacity.

I receive the amount of support that I require I can contact my tutor whenever I have an issue and they are happy to help.

my salary covers my costs although I do not live in the city and think it would be a stretch if I did.

As previously mentioned I am heavily involved with student recruitment which has been a great opportunity. There are sporting events to get involved in including a weekend away for a national football tournament. There are also choir options and yoga classes that can be attended.

9a. Would you recommend Grant Thornton to a friend? *

Great culture and plenty of oppurtunities

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Grant Thornton? *

Be yourself we look at more than just the grades on a piece of paper and make the most of our buddy experience.