1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
associate in BCM (Banking and Capital Markets). Day to day activities including attending meetings, producing analytical reviews of business lines and performing testing over controls on the engagements.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, how to perform analytical review of financial reporting and information. General audit knowledge and how to communicate effectively with senior client contacts.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much so, EY put on a lot of training activities, BCM socials and other team bonding events on. Every engagement I have been on the team has treated me with respect and everyone has been so kind.
4. How valued do you feel by EY?
All 1st year school leavers and 1st year graduates to the same work and are both given a large amount of work to perform
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised, we have lots of training sessions and the exams are spread out so they aren't to stressful.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A lot. When you first join EY you will be given a buddy in the year above you and also a counsellor that will guide you through your career and chair your review panels
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot. EY are great with any questions you may have regarding engagements, time off and exam information.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary largely exceeds my living costs in London.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes as mentioned EY have many sport teams, events and communities.
9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
They have been a great first employer for myself
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *
Be yourself and act in a professional and friendly behaviour
More from EYMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!