Trainee Quantity Surveyor at Laing O'Rourke

Hornchurch
Sponsored Degree Programme

Connect with Laing O'Rourke

8.1/10

My role as a Quantity Surveyor consists of many activities along the lines of pricing variations, carrying out monthly valuations, and negotiating with Clients & Sub-Contractors

At this stage I feel I have developed my negotiation skills the most, while also further developing my excel and communication skills.

I thoroughly enjoy the programme as it gives me the experience of the job with the theoretical side of a university degree

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at Laing O'Rourke

4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?

I feel very valued by LOR, as I am put in charge of my on packages at an early date and am trusted from the off with dealing with these.

The programme is structured very well, considering the different projects that people come from and different university commitments.

We receive a lot of support from everyone at LOR. Most people are more than willing to spare some time to help out younger people with different aspects of their development.

As above.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at Laing O'Rourke

The salary/package meets my costs very nicely

There are always opportunities outside work to attend events and activities in the area

9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *

LOR are a large company involved in large projects that look very good on anybody's CV. The benefits are extremely good and they will make you feel valued at every turn.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *

Sell yourself in the interview process, and do not hold back from speaking in a group.