1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role as a Quantity Surveyor consists of many activities along the lines of pricing variations, carrying out monthly valuations, and negotiating with Clients & Sub-Contractors
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
At this stage I feel I have developed my negotiation skills the most, while also further developing my excel and communication skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoy the programme as it gives me the experience of the job with the theoretical side of a university degree
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
I feel very valued by LOR, as I am put in charge of my on packages at an early date and am trusted from the off with dealing with these.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is structured very well, considering the different projects that people come from and different university commitments.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We receive a lot of support from everyone at LOR. Most people are more than willing to spare some time to help out younger people with different aspects of their development.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary/package meets my costs very nicely
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are always opportunities outside work to attend events and activities in the area
9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
LOR are a large company involved in large projects that look very good on anybody's CV. The benefits are extremely good and they will make you feel valued at every turn.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *
Sell yourself in the interview process, and do not hold back from speaking in a group.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!