Trainee IT Technician at Laing O'Rourke

School Leaver Programme
7th June 2016

Connect with Laing O'Rourke

9.1/10

My job title is Trainee IT Technician. I am spending the next 5 years working with different teams within the IT function. Currently I am providing technical support. This involves learning how to troubleshoot/diagnose issues and how to support staff with their technical equipment.

So far I have learnt how to support people with technical problems and developed an understanding of IT processes, subjects and technology.

I enjoy my job and the people I work with because I am being trained in a field which I actually have an interest in.

4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?

My employer makes me feel like more of an investment than a resource.

The programme co-ordinators do a good job or organising events for and supporting the apprentices.

My manager and my colleagues are always willing to help me with anything that I need. There is constant support.

My salary more than covers my living costs and essential expenses.

I have been provided with opportunities to socialise with colleagues outside work for annual holidays, attend events and to volunteer in charitable days.

9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend? *

Laing O'Rourke have provided me with a great opportunity that I wish was more available to school/college leavers.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke? *

As an employer, Laing O'Rourke aren't just looking for qualifications, but life skills, experience and qualities. It's important to know how to showcase these things throughout your application. Relate your experiences back to the qualities the company is looking for.