1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a Construction Estimator, working within the front end work winning part of the business. We price schemes for clients considerations in the hope that we go into contract with the clients to build out their projects.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, both. Working in a large organization enables us to further develop all skills due to the vast offer of training etc. available.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme enables a diversified mix between work based learning, study as well as 'modules' which we are able to link back to the workplace.
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
Exceptionally. Due to the large sums of money being invested into the participants of the programme there is a huge sense of value.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme had some teething issues in its conception with a vast number of Programme Managers. However, know the programme has been active for a many more years, and with an exceptional 'Cadet Manager' the prohgramme is now very well structured.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Whenever support is required you can receive it.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
There is plenty of support available for a wide spectrum of areas.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
When looking at the entire package (salary, uni fees, medical cover, pension contributions) etc. the package is very competitive.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Plenty, there are opportunities everywhere if you are prepared to seek them out and apply yourself.
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
Its a great organization to work for who invest heavily in young people and give them great opportunities to succeed in their careers.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!