1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
On track signalling maintenance, faulting and installation
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have been able to complete multiple leadership management skills, as well as job specific skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The first year was classroom based which was very dull and could have been completed in half the time. However, the second and third years were much more enjoyable as it was job specific training and on the job learning which is more enjoyable and interesting
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
Apprentices tend to get forgotten about quite a bit especially when interrgrated into the work force, sometimes people assume you know what you're doing, and forget that you're there to learn and be trained.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very organised and structured, however, sometimes there is a breakdown of communication between the apprenticeship scheme and the workplace, leaning people out of the loop.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
When and where required support is always at hand
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot of support is available down in Portsmouth, some support available at work.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Well paid for an apprenticeship, allows me to live my life without worrying too much about money
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Many opportunities for extra curricular activities, reduced slightly for women in the industry as there are less opportunities it seems.
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Enjoyable scheme, and allows people who may not thrive at university and opportunity to gain training and a route into an exciting workplace.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Be prepared for hard work and to never stop learning.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!