1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am training to be a level 3 signalling technician which involves front line faulting and maintenance tasks on a day to day basis.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed a lot of pre-existing skills and gained several new ones.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The first 9 months were extremely hard living away from home but over all the apprenticeship has been an enjoyable experience
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I do feel valued by network rail
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
In some aspects it was extremely ill-structured however, for the vast part it was well structured
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We were provided with a lot of support from our training provider
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Network rail supply's us with vast amounts of support throughout the scheme
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary during the apprenticeship scheme was extremely hard to live on, however it is a high wage for an apprenticeship scheme
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are a lot of oppertunities outside of work including events such as tough mudder
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
High wages and a stable job
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Work hard to get ahead in the assignments as last minute work is a lot more stressful
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!