Nursery Apprentice at Asquith Day Nurseries

Lichfield
6th June 2016

7.7/10

As an Asquith Apprentice my role is to care for and meet the needs of all children in our care, which involves being involved with daily routines such as nappy changing, meal times and outdoor play.

During my time as an apprentice so far i have learnt new skills such as working as part of a team, effective communication skills between staff and parents and also gained knowledge from internal Asquith training courses.

I really enjoy my apprenticeship, as it involves working with children in a nursery of all ages, working as part of a team, gaining first hand experience and also gaining people skills and an insight to the world of work.

4. How valued do you feel by Asquith Day Nurseries?

I feel valued as all of the apprentices attend monthly training in order for us to progress and achieve alongside our qualification to better ourselves.

Our programme is well organised as we attend monthly training at head office and also get given study time, which is time at work in order to complete our qualification.

Our training provider learn direct provide good and frequent support as they visit our setting every month or so to observe and help with work that's set, also they keep in contact with us via email.

Our employer asquith supports the apprentices by providing additional training to help with our qualification, also our manager and mentor are their to help with any problems.

My wage is considerably good for an apprentice as the money i earn allows me to insure and run my car, pay for clothes and weekend activities and has also allowed me to book a holiday abroad this year too.

there are other opportunities outside of the work day including open days the company puts on each month on a weekend morning to give people the chance to look around the nursery.

9a. Would you recommend Asquith Day Nurseries to a friend? *

As it is a well established, well run company that has many nurseries around the country, that provide high quality care for children.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Asquith Day Nurseries? *

I would advise people to be open, honest and truthful and to not just apply because you think working in a nursery is an easy job and you just play with children all day, as there is much more to it than that.