1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I maintain corporate enquires which is external e-mails. I sieve through and delete or direct to the correct people. There is a lot of spread sheet work and cleansing/maintaining databases. I call seven senior members of staff monthly to retrieve updates on all of our sites and get information. I use this information and upload it into an internal software in a professional style so it can be overlooked by the Leadership team.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
My communication skills have definitely developed and I.T skills have grown massively.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I do really enjoy my apprenticeship, however it is now coming to an end so it is getting a little repetitive with some tasks I have to complete.
4. How valued do you feel by Aramark?
By some colleagues, I feel very recognised and valued. However, others don't take much notice.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My program is very structured as my calendar is full of times and dates when tasks should be worked on and completed. I am never sat around doing nothing.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
At the start I received a lot. But I don't need any more as I am now trained and able to complete everything.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a lot of help and support from my line manager. Many others will also support me and help me through challenges and hard situations.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I'm only 16 so its good money I guess. It would be a lot easier and better if the wage was increased.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are many opportunities outside of work as this apprenticeship has definitely set me up for life!
9. Would you recommend Aramark to a friend?
Great career start. Earning money and get a qualification.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aramark?
I would advise others about the amount of college work there is to do. I have nearly finished a business administration apprenticeship and there was lots of work and units that I had to complete in order to finish my apprenticeship. Just be prepared for the course/college work.