PMO Support at CGI

Sponsored Degree Programme
£18 annually
3rd June 2016

Connect with CGI

I am a junior member of a PMO team, my daily tasks include liaising with the client and project managers. I am responsible for reporting on the engagement and ensuring that project managers are following procedure.

After joining the company as a technical apprentice, I have been given the opportunity to undertake both internal and external training. CGI have also given me the opportunity to change role and responsibility depending on my own need.

To a degree, I do enjoy the university programme and experience however it is a lot of external work however this was expected and does take up time however it was expected and its a fantastic opportunity.

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

I worked well with my project manager and received an internal recognition award for my hard work over my time on the project.

My programme is well structured with the induction process, training offered and support. We hold regular meetings with different team members to ensure the programme runs smoothly.

We are assigned to a tutor when we joined and they offer help and guidance on any issues, they are always very approachable and are willing to help.

My employer are very supportive and offer guidance in the form of managers, mentors and reps. If any problems arise then we have plenty of opportunities to talk to.

The salary meets my living costs, travel costs and daily costs. Project expenses are offered. Deals and packages and hotels can be provided if working out of a different site.

Yes, regular events are arranged outside and inside the office, based in Reading there are a number of different venues. We also play football as a work team.

9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend? *

I've always had good experiences whilst at CGI in both my studies and my day to day job.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI? *

Fully understand the company and the degree programme. I would have liked to have been told more about the different options of role type and how the internal system works.