Engineering Apprentice at Unilever

Port Sunlight
2nd June 2016

Connect with Unilever

As an Engineering apprentice, I’m involved in the preventative maintenance, diagnosing and fixing faults on complex machinery and equipment. Working alongside the engineers on site allows me to experience all the different tasks they undertake to keep the site running smoothly.

I have learnt many new skills that have allowed me to progress further within my job role. I have learnt practical skills as well as problem solving and team work skills.

I really enjoy the programme as there are always plenty of jobs to tackle and improvements being made. Two days are never the same and you’re always learning new things.

4. How valued do you feel by Unilever?

I feel very well valued by Unilever as Unilever has given me an insight into different job roles and opportunities I never knew existed! I’m excited for what the future holds.

The apprenticeship programme is very well structured as it allows college based learning and on the job training within a 4 year programme.

I receive support off my training provider to allow me to achieve the highest grade possible. They offer support material with all college work assigned to us.

I receive support off my employer when I approach them with a question or query. They are always there when I am in need of any advise.

My salary package meets my costs easily. Unilever provide there apprentices with a very good wage to live off which is a lot higher than other apprenticeship wages.

Yes, there are many opportunities outsight of work. Unilever have given me the insight into different job roles and opportunities I never knew existed!

9a. Would you recommend Unilever to a friend? *

Yes, because of the award-winning apprenticeship scheme and knowing that they could gain high level qualifications whilst being trained on the job by experienced engineers.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Unilever? *

Make sure your application is well presented and at interview stage make sure you research about Unilever's history.