Consultancy Apprentice at Aon

West Midlands
£18,000 monthly
June 2016

10 /10

My job role as consultancy apprentice within Aon includes helping the senior consultants with the day to day management of the pension scheme. Help prep for and attend trustee meeting and being involved in the governance side of the pension schemes.

Aon invest a lot of resources for you to ensure that i am get the best training possible. I will be taking my PMI exam this year and i've also had the chance to attend internal courses to ensure that i have the relevant knowledge and skill set to do my job.

This programme has been great, its very well organised and there is a clear structure put in place to help you along the way. The culture of the company is very relaxed and there is a good balance between work and personal life.

4. How valued do you feel by Aon?

There is a huge interest by very important people within Aon about how this programme is going and i've had the chance to meet very senior people within the organisation.

The programme is very well organised just like graduates, you are expected to attend a two week training course where they provide you with more information about your job role and provide basic training. You also get the chance to network and meet your managers and other apprentices. When you come into the office, you are assigned a buddy who is tasked to setting your workspace up and answer any questions you have.I still have catch ups with my manager and my study tutor monthly.

My training provider is called SkillsCompany and i have a monthly catch up with her. We go through all the study material and learn logs which need to be completed. If i ever have any queries, she is very accessibility by email and phone and usually very quick to respond.

The support from the employer has been amazing, they understand the situation you are in and how new this whole experience is for you. You have an early careers team which you can come to regarding any problems which you might have, your manager is also on hand to offer any support as well as your colleagues.

It covers all my social,daily, living and travelling costs.I currently live at home but if i do decide to move out, my salary would allow me to do so.

There are many opportunities outside of work, i currently play badminton and netball with many of the colleagues and against other companies.

9. Would you recommend Aon to a friend?

It a very well structured programme which offers you the chance to learn new things and develop as person as well as within your job role.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aon?

Research the company, know what you are applying for. Have a clear and well structured CV and be confident at the assessment day. Its a really friendly application and onboarding process and you are provided support every step of the way.