Mechanical Technision Apprentice at GSK

Ulverston
31st May 2016

Connect with GSK

9.2/10

I am a Mechanical Technician Apprentice at the Ulverston site. My day to day role is carrying out routine maintenance and break downs.

I have learnt a lot of new skills and developed a lot on the skills a already have. A lot of my existing skills were developed in my first year at the training school then I learnt a lot of new skills throughout my apprenticeship.

I thoroughly enjoyed my whole apprentice and look forward to carrying on my carrier with GSK.

4. How valued do you feel by GSK?

With working for GSK we all keep to the GSK values which means we all value each other the same.

With the programme only starting again after a big gap from having apprentices we struggled with teething problems but we have learnt from them and the structure has developed massively within the short time I have been an apprenticeship.

I have great support from my training provider with regular reviews and one to one talks.

I have great support from my employer as we have our own apprentice team who we can go to whenever we want.

Our pay salary started off very well but the increase throughout the apprenticeship is poor. We finish our apprenticeship with a big gap between the apprenticeship wage and the full time techs where other companies have a lot smaller gap.

There are a lot of opportunities outside of work with orange days and different things organised by work.

9a. Would you recommend GSK to a friend? *

Because it was a great opportunity to further my skills whilst getting paid and getting on the job training.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to GSK? *

Give yourself the best opportunity by making yourself stand out from the others.