Overhead lineman at Network Rail

bedford

Connect with Network Rail

6.7/10

On a day to day basis it can be different everyday. When it's days I will first have to do vans checks and then it could be a patrol or walkout or more. At nights I'll have to make sure the vans have the correct equipment in them for the nights work.

I have learnt many skills from this apprenticeship. I am also still developing

I very much enjoy the programme because I get to manually get involved in the work when I go out with the work group.

4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?

I feel like a valued member of the team. I get to do jobs that are important for the running of the railway.

The programme is very well organised and has a good structure to it. Until this last year when the nvqs have been a struggle

I gain a lot of training from the provider. They have put me on many courses to gain the knownledge I need.

My employer has also given me a lot of support by booking car rentals and a hotel on one occasion.

For a apprenticeship the salary is very good and I am able live happily with the salary

There isn't much I can outside of work. Once I finish the apprenticeship there is the chance of doing a hnc

9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *

It is a very good course that gives you the opportunity to get a job in a profession that is very lucrative.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *

If you apply for network rail then be prepared to do a lot of work but at the end of it, it's very much worth the hard work