1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
On a day to day basis it can be different everyday. When it's days I will first have to do vans checks and then it could be a patrol or walkout or more. At nights I'll have to make sure the vans have the correct equipment in them for the nights work.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many skills from this apprenticeship. I am also still developing
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I very much enjoy the programme because I get to manually get involved in the work when I go out with the work group.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I feel like a valued member of the team. I get to do jobs that are important for the running of the railway.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is very well organised and has a good structure to it. Until this last year when the nvqs have been a struggle
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I gain a lot of training from the provider. They have put me on many courses to gain the knownledge I need.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer has also given me a lot of support by booking car rentals and a hotel on one occasion.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
For a apprenticeship the salary is very good and I am able live happily with the salary
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There isn't much I can outside of work. Once I finish the apprenticeship there is the chance of doing a hnc
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is a very good course that gives you the opportunity to get a job in a profession that is very lucrative.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
If you apply for network rail then be prepared to do a lot of work but at the end of it, it's very much worth the hard work
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!