Tax Analyst at Deloitte

Leeds
School Leaver Programme

8.1/10

I work as a Tax Analyst. Daily tasks include liaising with clients, data processing and using Microsoft Excel to manipulate data. I am also involved in client research. I interact with clients and higher up internal staff regularly. I have worked on a variety of R&D tax relief projects.

I have learnt plenty of new skills - I am studying towards the ACA/CTA joint qualification and have already completed the first few stages of that qualification. I have also participated in many internal courses which have helped develop my understanding of businesses, tax as a whole, and improved my computer skills dramatically.

I work with some great people in a great company - there is a great culture here to help drive everyone forward and allowing people to make the most of their ability. This has far surpassed my expectations and I am thoroughly enjoying my role here.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

4. How valued do you feel by Deloitte?

I feel highly valued - I am given plenty of responsibility and opportunities to learn on the job. My work has been recognised and rewarded through internal rewards programmes.

The programme is well structurd following a new layout set in place (The Analyst Programme) for the year I joined the firm.

I have received limited support from my training provider - Kaplan have proved relatively poor to date in terms of both organisation and teaching quality.

I receive plenty of support from Deloitte - people are always present to answer any questions I may have and guide me through my career.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

Salary is limited and does not meet my costs - I have had to source external finance.

There are plenty of company events and opportunities to get involved in, including voluntary and charity work, and social opportunities on a regular basis.

9a. Would you recommend Deloitte to a friend? *

Deloitte is a fantastic company to work for, providing great opportunities and a career progression path that can be followed provided you are willing to put the work in. The staff here are amazing people - all highly qualified in their fields and always willing to lend a hand.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Deloitte? *

Be honest throughout the application process and apply yourself at all times. Don't be afraid to have a laugh or a joke at interviews though!