Assistant Associate at Deloitte

Londn

9.8/10

Assistant associate in the Restructuring department. I work full time dealing with distressed companies and currently working on solvent liquidations and strike offs.

All my skills have improved & developed: Organisation, prioritising, accountancy, Microsoft Office, report writing, self-review

Although it can be a very demanding and hard programme it is equally as rewarding and provides infinite opportunities. I enjoy the programme because it feeds my desire to work in a business environment, gain the necessary qualifications to perform my role and offer the opportunity of a successful future career.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

4. How valued do you feel by Deloitte?

I consistently gain feedback, praise and development points so I feel very valued as they take close notice of the work I do and how they can develop me.

At times it can get quite confused with the college tuition, however the scheme is still in its infancy and there are a number of different service lines with their own requirements so it is very hard to have a one size fits all approach. Overall I think it is structured well compared to the past and seems to continue to be developed in a positive direction for the future.

In terms of college we do receive a lot of support. In terms of training, this is very specific to each service line, but for me, it has been good so far and I have been provided with essential courses to build my technical knowledge.

As much as I need. There is a strong culture of communicating issues with others so where there is a problem I feel confident that I can gain the relevant support that I need to overcome it.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

The first year salary is good and exceeds my costs. It provides for a good standard of living. This improves year on year as the salary dramatically improves and this will far exceed my costs.

There are a never ending number of opportunities outside of work. Everything from sporting teams, to community investment to clubs and gyms - the list is never ending.

9a. Would you recommend Deloitte to a friend? *

I always recommend Deloitte to all my friends and other young people. It is a firm that invests in its people. The most essential thing that it provides is opportunity - which is what everybody is really looking for.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Deloitte? *

Be yourself, be ambitious and work hard.