1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As store apprentice my role is to replenish stock, provide good customer service, keep the warehouse and chop floor tidy and ensure I follow company procedures to ensure the safety of myself, my colleagues and customers.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt to prioritise my task in order of urgency, this makes me more efficient in my work. I have learnt to how to cope under pressure thus not interfering with my work efficiently or affecting my the customer service I provide
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am always busy, so I'm hardly ever standings still or bored
4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?
Some days may be be but there are also good days
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
At the moment I'm at a stand still, as of year 2 I have been doing the same task as a store assistant and year 1 took nearly a year and a half to complete
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Near to no support
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
As an apprentice my salary is quite poor but better than other companies offer, to get a decent amount I need to be working about 33 hours or more a week, there aren't really any other benefits for me.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not really at the moment
9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
As a normal member of staff the pay is good
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *
Show you are dedicated, push yourself, don't be afraid to speak up if your not happy and your job does not define you as a person
More from AldiMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!