1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My day to day duties involve responding to any smell of gas inside, outside, domestic or non-domestic.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, National Grid do not hesitate to train us to an exeptional standard.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Extremey, the courses and trainers make learning enjoyable. We are also made to feel very well looked after on the network and can see how we will eventually fit into the team.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Extremley. Not many companies i know off or where mates work can tell you what courses you will be attending a year in advance on specific dates
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Lots. this can be varied from programme leaders for network superviors. All take a keen interest in my learning and nothing is too much effort.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Lots, please see above as National Grid are both my employer and training provider.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well. Not many companies pay apprentices what we get, especially as we are provided company vans, tools. They also cover all accomadation and food whilst we work away.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Lots, we are reguary invited to attend voluntering sessions.
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
try your hardest, it is not an opportunity you want to miss out on
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!