1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Electrification and plant engineering apprentice-This involves learning specific academic subjects in the academy for the first year of my apprenticeship which I can then transfer my knowledge into practical work on the railway in years 2 and 3
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed my mathematics knowledge m, also my practical practices have also improved
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy the programme, it has a good background and it is recognised as one of the best by many
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I feel valued a lot due to the tutors and the network rail staff looking after me everyday
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very due to it started in 2005 it has a good strong structure and everything is set out
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We receive support everyday no matter whether it's in the classroom or not the tutors are always happy to help
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer offers a lot of support and you always know where to go to find it
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It could be more due to living away from home in the first year you don't need to buy much but the costs to get home are expensive
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are always games nights and other out of work activities that you can participate in
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
The programme is very good and I can see a good career path ahead of me
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Just be yourself and don't try to act over confident
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!