1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
At MM I am a Apprentice Track Engineer. My role includes the design of alignments, gauging analysis and platform modifications to suit the clients remit. My main activities are producing designs, drawings and writing reports. Projects in which I have worked on include - Great Western Mainline Electrification, CrossRail and small structures frameworks for a contractor.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
PTS Qualification ClearRoute Certification Presenting Designing Analysing risk.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The work provided to me allows me to gain the most vital thing when looking for a job, the experience.
4. How valued do you feel by Mott MacDonald?
Extremely, internal recognition for design.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Extremely Well organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Lots of support from the college!
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Lots of support from the employer.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary more than meets my outgoings. It has allowed me to have a lot nicer car than I would have if going to university.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Lots with the ICE and other institutions.
9a. Would you recommend Mott MacDonald to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mott MacDonald? *
Just do it.
More from Mott MacDonaldMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!