1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was undertaking business support for the north east head of crime, involving dealing with his calendar, meetings and emails. I then moved to a front line role as a team leader in the Magistrates court where I deal with more HR things such as resources adn PMR's.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Not in my first role but am learning alot in my new role
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It is very interesting
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
In my old role I did not feel valued at all, but in my new role I feel alot more valued.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The recruitment process was terrible there was no communication
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
both my tutors are great and always there for me
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I am offered development opportunities however in my old role I was told that my apprenticeship came second to my work and it was made difficult for me to take my study time.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The money is good however I am the lowest paid across all the apprentices, I believe there should be a standard pay for all apprentices and it should not depend on the department you are placed in.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service? *
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!