1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I'm a Fraud Investigator and investigate people who are suspected of committing benefit fraud.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I've developed and learnt several new skills through the scheme.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It's engaging, challenging and fast paced.
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
The Civil Service are having a huge push towards youth and it's something which I'm excited to be a part of.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I have study days and HNC learning sessions are each month, set around 5-6 months in advance. I also see my assessor for my NVQ and general review every 6 weeks in my office.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
One visit every six weeks. One learning session per month. Telekits regarding assessments.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I do receive support, however I think they are unaware of how much work it involves
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I was a university student before I dropped out for this scheme. I am now earning more than the average UK graduate.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Several L&D opportunities.
9. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend?
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service?
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!