1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a work coach for the DWP. My job is to help my customer secure empolyment and support them during the time of being unempolyed.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed my customer services skills. as coming from a hospitality background i had to help every customer but in job now i have to sometimes challenge some customers.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I find my programme really worth while for those looking for better a higher education but still wanting to earn money in the process.
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
This can vary at times as sometimes you are kept in constant contact and as an apprentice you feel more valued in some aspects but less in some.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is well structured from the aspect of the NVQ and HNC however it was not the best organised at placing you at the begining.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I recieve lots of support from the training provider knowing they are just a call away.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I recieve some good support from my employer however at times you may be given too much work.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It meets it very well especially for an apprenticeship job.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There is other opportunities outside civil service but they hard to accuire.
9a. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is a good pay and good way of entering the Civil Service.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service? *
Be ready for a lot of work but make the most of all opportunities.
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!