1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an Executive Officer in the Department for Work and Pensions. I manage a government contract in the welfare to work sector and my job is mainly about maintaining relationships with private sector providers and managing their performance
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed my contract management skills and how to engage properly with key stakeholders. Due to our team being national and a large one, I have also learnt to network effecitvely
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I've really enjoyed the programme however have found it occasionally difficult to manage my work and qualification.
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
I do feel valued and have been stretched in my role.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The recruitment process was very slow and uncertain. Now that I'm on the programme it is better but still disorganised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I feel supported by my training provider who answers very promptly to any queries I have.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I feel well supported by my employer and colleagues.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service? *
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!