1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Majority of time is spent at a depot on various placements, learning how each department runs. Some days involve training at Network Rail's centre in Gosport.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I've learnt a lot of new skills while on the scheme, and am also now reasonably experienced in some of the jobs that are part of working on the railway.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I do enjoy the programme, it has been a highly beneficial experience, I have learnt a lot and have gained a lot of experience that will be useful post-apprenticeship.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
The company are incredibly helpful and value both myself and other employees at the same level.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very structured. Courseds are an integral part of the scheme (training done at network rail's training centre in Gosport in Years 2-3), and experience with the various departments is organised at the depot.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
An appropriate amount of support is given while on training courses.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Manager and staff in the depot are very supportive. A lot of help is given if needed.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Salary meets my current needs, although it can be difficult to live on if you have a lot of bills to pay monthly.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes - however at present have not used many.
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is a very good company to work for, with lots of internal opportunities and jobs available post-apprenticeship.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Be prepared for a lot of coursework, however the 3 years and all the coursework does prove beneficial in the long run, as success can guarantee you a job at the end of the scheme.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!