Manufacturing apprentice at GSK

Ulverston
5th May 2016

Connect with GSK

8.3/10

I am a manufacturing apprentice at GSK. I am currently learning a process technicians role down at solvent recovery. So all solvents used on site come back to solvent recovery to be recovered so they can be used again.

I have leant more people skills and have also developed some people skill that I already had. I have also widened my knowledge and I am always learning new things.

I enjoy learning the role but sometimes I can feel overwhelmed at how much there is to learn.

4. How valued do you feel by GSK?

I feel very valued as we are treat like we are normal employees and not apprentices. For example we can invest in the company through buying shares.

The programme is organised but I do think the first six months at college could have been used more effectively.

I receive as much support as I need from my training provider.

I receive any support I ask for from my employer.

My salary is quite good for a first year apprentice but as I have worked before starting my apprenticeship I have been used to earning a little more.

Yes there are always emails about activities you can get involved in outside of work.

9a. Would you recommend GSK to a friend? *

As they don't take on lots of apprentices each year you get a lot of time from people. This time helps you to learn and gain experience from people who have worked in the company for years. You also have the benefit of a good salary, shares and a pension scheme.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to GSK? *

Ask questions, be a confident person who is willing to listen but also willing to be heard.