Manufacturing Apprentice at GSK

Barnard Castle

Connect with GSK

8.8/10

In my role as a manufacturing apprentice, I am based in a production area producing inhaled products. I work in process support, working with others to improve the efficiency of lines and improve the area.

I have learnt many new skills in my role, I have learnt how to work with others from those in senior positions at GSK to those that I have managed in a team. I have learnt many hands on skills as well, learning how to run the lines in my area.

I enjoy my program very much, I work within a small team who are all very helpful. I have good support and I get on well with all the staff in my area.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 11 roles at GSK

4. How valued do you feel by GSK?

GSK is a very valuing company, I receive praise from my manager and others around me all the time. As well as receiving electronic recognitions often containing vouchers and other rewards.

The program is well structured however it is flexible to suit my needs and requests. There is lots of support and opportunities offered with the apprenticeship.

I see my tutor once as a week when they come on site to teach our course. The lessons are well taught and any requests we have made for more information are met.

I receive a lot of support from my employer, I have regular meetings with my manger to record my progress and raise any concerns. There is always HR help if it is needed and any support is always accessible.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 11 roles at GSK

My salary meets my costs very well. I live 10 minutes away from work so I use very little fuel traveling to and from work. I often spend money on social activities however my salary sufficiently supports this.

There are lots of opportunities outside of work. I have attended many careers fairs at local schools and colleges. As well as this there are opportunities to help the local community in days off work.

9a. Would you recommend GSK to a friend? *

It is a great company to work for with many opportunities. There is fantastic support for the apprenticeship program and there is always people looking out for you and offering advice.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to GSK? *

Make sure you are confident and sell yourself. GSK do not rely on grades to recruit apprentices, it is based on personality and the eagerness to learn.