1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a mechanical apprentice performing different maintainance tasks on the gas transmission system.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes lots. The industry alone is so different compared to what i first imagined. Taking this apprenticeship has given me an insight into the gas industry and i love being apart of it.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much so. I do lots of travelling for training courses and am looked after very well. I enjoy the on site aspects of the job also.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme has been put together well.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Due to having so many training providers it is difficult to comment. However i do recieve good support from the academy and i am always welcome to phone for help.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A good amount.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes indeed. I have time to do other volunteering in my local community and having this knowledge helps with helping youngsters to discover engineering.
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Its an excellent company to work for.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
Make your application stand out as there is such high demand for the apprenticeship.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!