1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
i am a fco apprenctice and what i do day to day can be very different, from responding to emergency gas escapes to checking service pipes and gas meters.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
i have learnt many new skills as i had no prior knowledge about this role or what it takes to do this role everyday.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
i enjoy my programme very much because of all the training on and off the district in barnet, hitchin, manchester and eakring.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
i feel very valued by national grid as since i have started i have never felt or been treated like an apprentice, i have just felt like one of the team
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
it is structured well however it could be organised better by better communication between organisers and apprentices
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
very supported by the training staff
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
i recieve a lot of support by grid
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
there are some opportunities outside of work for national grid however i so far have not taken any of these opportunities
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
best thing ive ever done
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
do it because of the oppertunities with in national grid to progress and go high up with in the company
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!