Funeral Director at Co-op

Plymouth

9.4/10

My position is with The Co-operative Funeralcare, employed as a Funeral Director. My daily tasks will involved the running of the funeral home,ensure all aspects the funeral, funeral arrangements, are completed and complete oversee of all aspects concerning the funeral for our clients is carried out, from arranging the funeral to conducting the funeral.

Mainly developing existing skills to be able to provide a greater service to my clients, also developed my own personal skills that I learnt a long time ago from the 1990's. enjoyed to develop up to date skills that are more recognised in the work place today.

I enjoyed my programme very much, I was surprised I was able to develop my own skills, and to a point surprised myself to achieve the levels I have, but could have only done this with great support.

4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?

I feel valued because I was given the chance to achieve my dream in an industry I have looked up to for a long time, without the mental support of my line manager and guidance, and supportive staff.

The course is well structured, and due to having three mentors for various reasons of people leaving for other ventures, I was kept completely up to date and in the picture, and offered complete support at all times

I had great support from Shaun, and my new tutor who has stepped into the role and successfully guided me through , I have received a great attitude from my tutor and guided me very well.

Massive amounts a support, cannot fault

My salary is above average for my area, so no complaints there, but the need to enjoy my work and in the role I have wanted to do, out ways the need to chase extra funds.

Self manage my outside interests and always look to try and involve my work with public interest, never miss a chance to promote your office and team, to develop your funeral home.

9a. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend? *

Supportive employer, who will support you if you can demonstrate the need to develop your own needs, and yes I have been able to demonstrate that with friends who have joined the food sector

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op? *

Do your homework, be in a position to relate to the group desires for the public, take into account what you as an individual can bring to the table and what is available to you for your own self development