Apprentice Desginer at BAE Systems

Cumbria
29th April 2016

8.6/10

I'm an apprentice designer and and im in my first year so im full time in college and I enjoy it. We have 2 days a week of work shop one 1 day we have a night school and the rest of the days are normal.

I have learned multiple skills and also developed skills. I have heavily developed my communication skills as well as my organisation skills that I developed by having deadlines to do my work for.

I enjoy the general college atmosphere with my peers and the regular schedule, I like the lessons practical and non practical I just find 1 or 2 of the lessons a bit pointless.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

With the Apprentice of the month scheme all apprentices have the chance for their achievements to be recognised and rewarded for it this motivates everyone to strive to do their best.

The day to day schedule doesn't change often which is good as it allows us to get into a regular regime which allows us to be organised for our lessons.

When ever anyone struggles with a question they always get help and this is very good more often than not if someone has a problem the tutor will explain it again to the class to ensure everyone is happy to do their work.

We have regular meeting with our employer which gives us chance to get to know them as well as being able to address our issues or concerns. Our employer makes it easy for them to be found/contacted.

I can afford to eat and get to my working place I have enough money a month to do what I want with it so the salary does meet my costs comfortably.

I have heard of a few sporting activities but apart from that I haven't heard of many there might be plenty but I cant recall being told or showed them

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

Its a good place with a good future behind the company, the apprenticeship course so far seems good as well as it being an overall stable job.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

ensure you add as much necessary detail as possible into the application, prepare as well as possible for the interview and be prepared at all times to be working your best.