Manufacturing Engineer at Rolls-Royce

Derby
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
£20 annually
28th April 2016

Connect with Rolls-Royce

7.3/10

I am on an apprenticeship for Manufacturing Engineering. I spend my day working with the engineers, helping to support the build line.

I have learnt the importance of good communication within a team, and have been able to develop the way I approach situations based on the people involved.

I thoroughly enjoy the time I spend at work, I find my program gives me the right amount of challenge without me always being out of my depth.

4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?

I am always welcomed whenever I start with a new team, and I always feel appreciated when I present any work I have done.

I understand the structure my apprenticeship is based around and have never felt at any point it was disorganised. It has enabled me to self manage.

When starting the NVQ we had very little support, meaning I have had to learn as I have gone on.

My employer is here should I need support and make time to listen to issue I may have. When I have been in need of support I have not had to wait to speak to my manager and when I have I have been reassured and advised.

I have to support myself as I no longer live at home, this means all of my wage goes on essentials. I very rarely have any money left to spend on myself. It's enough to cover the basics.

This apprenticeship leaves us employable outside of Rolls Royce.

9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend? *

It's a great opportunity to get qualified, but also have real business experience at the same time.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce? *

Make sure you are clear on what sort of apprenticeship you are applying for. As there are so many to chose from, you need to ensure you apply for the right one for you.