Advanced Technical Apprentice at Rolls-Royce

Derby

Connect with Rolls-Royce

9.4/10

I come in to work at 7 ready to begin work at 8 we do 2 full weeks in the workshop followed by 1 week in collage i think this gives us a level 3 in engineering as well as practical experiance

In collage i have gain alot of skills and am working towards a level 3 betec in engineering and have been able to get alot of practical skills from working along side employee who have been in the company over 20 years plus.

I couldnt be happier witht he proagram i am on i knew exactly what i was getting into at the start of it and havent been disapointed so far. Everything we have done is better than what my expectations where .

4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?

I feel very valued here at Rolls-Royce as to be able to get surrport from a company like this shows youre doing something right. They are bale to see what the future could hold and begin to creat a new path for you in the company.

I think my program is very well structured as i understand clearly what need to be done by when using a online system put in place through Rolls-Royce.

My employer is also my training provider and therfore the answer given in 6 a will stay the same "I am given as much surrport as i need and any problems i might face they have a system in place so i can report it and then get it solved by a memeber of staff."

I think that it meets this as i dont need to travel far and for the work i do i belive that as well as being educated the pay is a far amount for what we do.

Opportunites in terms of events is fairly limited but they do have connectinons to other event companies that allow you for a small fee to do things like skydive.

9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend? *

I would recommend it because i think that as a compnay they have set themselfs up to give you the biggest opportuinty they can to help you get into the bussiness with a high level engineering Qualification.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce? *

I would recommend thatn if they do what a apprentership here you do need to have a keen intrest in aerospace as this is what the company is mostly about also make sure you know the comnonay very well.